Monday, February 25, 2013

MY NEW OPEN PANTRY, POPCICLE RECIPE

  Still recovering from the two teeth being removed.  Should be better but somethings not right.  I am still in pain 4 days later.  Got a message into the dentist, just waiting for an answer back.  Pain meds till then I guess.

  I bagged up a bunch of water bottles today and marked them as drainage  bottles for my large containers that have no drainage holes.  They are marked and in their waiting spot in the garage.


  I bagged up and marked all the containers that were cut down to size for planters and put them in the garage too.  I had bought my kids a couple bottles of sparkling juice and washed those bottles to use for putting water in and inserting upside down into the soil to slowly release the water as needed.  Love this idea, I do this with all my indoor plants!

  I went to the super doubles sale at Harris Teeter (doubles up to 2 dollars) and spent 32 and saved 75 dollars.  Here's a picture of my book shelf that I converted into an open pantry.
 The pantry is getting full too!

When I left Harris Teeter I got in the truck and noticed we parked in front of a tree that was in full bloom with these really pretty pink flowers.  Needless to say I went home with a pretty little "FREE"  bouquet of flowers!


   I found a cute way to make popcicle's for kids on the internet to and thought I would share it on here for whoever would like to try them.  Sprite with gummy bears!  How easy and fun is that!  I saved all the sticks from the corndogs I bought with coupons this weekend to make these.


   Spent most of the day doing laundry and it was ziploc bag washing day so my window has a large cup with lots of utensils in it with all different ziploc bags upside down over them.

  My dad gave me a rotisserie a long time ago and I cannot believe how easy these are to use.  I stuck the chicken I paid 3.00 for (caught them on sale for .67 cents a pound and bought all 4 that they had there) in the rotisserie and turned the knob to 90 minutes and that's it.  In 90 minutes it dings and its done and tastes really great.  I also got to the store when they marked Masterpiece BBQ sauce to a closeout price of .55 cents each!  I bought all that they had 29 bottles.   I use BBQ sauce for so much.  Its cheaper to buy it made at that price then to make it.  I paired the chicken with Loaded Mashed Instant potatoes that I got for .50 cents a box (which has two packets in each box) with double couponing.  Cheap dinner and tasted like restaurant food.

  Tomorrow I think I will rotisserie the other 3 chickens and debone and freeze for later.  I do not usually buy boxed meals but the store had Hamburger Helper 10 for 10 and I had 1 dollar off 3 so that makes a cheap meal.  I am going to replace burger for chicken and that would be delicious if the chicken was rotisseried.  Yum!

  Well back to laundry  and picking up the house so do not have to wake up to it.  Be back tomorrow!



 
Pin It! Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-pin-it-button-to-your-posts.html#ixzz2J84neUj2

No comments:

Post a Comment