Wednesday, February 27, 2013

BIRTHDAY BOY and SPICE RACK TURNED NAIL POLISH HOLDER!

  Change of plans today, Grandbaby supposed to go to daycare for the day to share cupcakes for his birthday (3 years)  but he decided he did not want to go so he stayed home with Grandma for the day.  He was treated for an ear infection 1 week ago and it was questionable whether it was going away fast enough, so I took him to the Dr. for a recheck and it is going away slowly but surely.  I promised to take him to the store to pick out his birthday present so we did!  He walked in like he owned the store and picked out a bunny on a tricycle that was holding a sucker and said he wanted one for him and one for his sister.  He then ran down the isle and grabbed a big "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" ball and then turned around and grabbed a candy filled small tube of candy for easter that had a bunny on top  of it holding a fishing pole.  Last but not least he grabbed a small bag of miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and then he ran to the register and that was it he was done and wanted to leave.  So we did!

 Home to make spaghetti and meatballs (Bryce's choice), chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles, chocolate ice cream, and cookies.  Yum!  He blew out his candles, was sang to and opened lots of presents.  Of course what is he playing with now?  Balloons!!  LOL

  Tomorrow needs to be bread making day cause we are very very low!  I want to make a couple pumpkin pies but need to make a run to store for shortening to make my crusts.  I want to make 6 and freeze 4.  I am going to make then freeze in the pie tins lined with parchment paper and then pop out of pans and put in freezer bags so when I want to make them I will drop them back into a pan and bake.  Need also to decide which meals to make and  freeze ahead cause we are running low.

  I found a very cute idea the other day on  the internet to turn an old spice rack into a nail polish holder for my girls.  I happen to have a very old spice rack that needed something done to it.  Here's a picture.  This is going to be my weekend project then I will post pictures of mine.
   Excited to make this for my girls, they have tons of nail polish and this is a great way to display it so they can clearly see what they have.  And I was just letting this shelf sit in the garage!  So glad I found this good idea.  Love it when I find a way to make a place for something to get it organized.  So much easier to keep things put away when it has it's own place!
Pin It! Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-pin-it-button-to-your-posts.html#ixzz2J84neUj2

No comments:

Post a Comment