Friday, March 1, 2013

MUST HAVE KITCHEN TOOL OF A FRUGAL KITCHEN!!

  Still in pain with teeth!  UGHH!!   I had two pulled after a week of horrible pain then figured I would recover slowly because it was a very rough extraction and now it looks like the extraction irritated the tooth next to it and now that one is infected.  Going on two weeks of alternating Vicodin and Ibuprofen to deal with the pain.  Not happy cause I never take anything stronger than ibuprofen and I have no choice right now.  I called the dentist who by the way is the best!!  He called in a stronger antibiotic and more pain med and I will be seen next Tuesday.

  Well thats that but daily life goes on anyway.  Making homemade chicken soup tomorrow which I already boiled a whole chicken today for.  I bought this pasta that I had a coupon for so I got for a quarter, yay! that I always have when we go to Chicago's "Italian Village Restaurant" in their first course of chicken soup.  Ditalini Pasta is very short little tube shaped noodles.  It reminds me of our times at that restaurant.  Its the oldest Italian Restaurant in Chicago and its really awesome!  Anyway I am making the soup and two pumpkin pies tomorrow.  I had found Libby's Pumpkin on closeout and I had coupons to go with that, I got them cheap so I am going to make some homemade crusts and whip out two pies for tomorrow and if I feel good enough I would like to make 4 extra for freezing as I talked about in one of the last two blog posts I posted.
I used to use a fork to cut the shortening into my flour and just figured it was the labor you had to go through to have a homemade crust but I was at a thrift store in Michigan recently and picked up a pastry cutter for .47 cents that looked like the one my mom used to have when I was a kid and when I used it for the first time I was so excited at how easy and fast it worked.  I can't believe I went without this for so many years.  What was I thinking?!?!  Oh well its never too late!!  I love it, everyone should have one right away.  It truly cuts 3/4 of the time it takes to cut your shortening in.
            MUST HAVE KITCHEN TOOL FOR FRUGAL KITCHENS!!!

  Have alot to post but meds got me tired so when this tooth thing is resolved I will be doing longer posts.
Have a great weekend.   Comment about your favorite kitchen tool that you can't live without!
Pin It! Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-pin-it-button-to-your-posts.html#ixzz2J84neUj2

2 comments:

  1. Melinda:

    So sorry you are still having trouble with your teeth. Try putting some clove oil on the gum or even just sucking on a whole clove to help with the pain.

    My favorite kitchen tool would be a toss up between my serated bread knife or my short handled metal spatula.

    SueB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my serated bread knife! I will try that with the clove oil and I do have some whole cloves, thanks! They switched my antibiotic and I am able to control the pain with 800 mg Ibuprofen now. Going back to dentist Tuesday so hopefully all will be well. To top it off lost my phone, still trying to find, may have to transfer the minutes to my other.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete