Tuesday, February 5, 2013

MY BAKING CUPBOARD MAKEOVER SO FAR

  I went in the kitchen to make bread today and got side tracked with my spice cupboard.  I was getting into the spice cupboard for something and I thought ok this is really making cooking not fun!  Gotta fix it the best I can with what I got.  I have been saving alot of containers from juice, parmesan, ketchup, tea, lemon juice, jellies, pickles, etc. for storage containers.  I figured I could use some of them to put things in until I seen that they still had water in them from washing them so I put them in the window to dry and I will put things in them tomorrow and do what I can today.

  Here is the before:

Bottom shelf is spices as far as you can see and they are knocked over and I have no choice but to take half the cupboard out to get to what I need.



  I hauled out some containers to house the spices so I could just pull out a container and look through them verses reach in and move them over and they all fall over.  I had some big containers from cranberry sauce that I thought would work well for flour and a carnation instant milk container worked well for salt.  I had to use ziploc for some stuff until tomorrow so I will put another picture on tomorrow when completely done.

  After so far:




  Now tomorrow I will get the rest of the containers that are drying and finish organizing and post a picture.  I am sure it could look way better if I went and bought all matching containers but this cost me nothing but a walk around the house and a black permanent marker.  I am sure on a day to day basis I will get a nice container and think that it might look better than something I am currently using and I can switch it out.   I figure it has to work for me not be beautiful.  This is on the way to being exactly what I need!


Pin It! Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-pin-it-button-to-your-posts.html#ixzz2J84neUj2

No comments:

Post a Comment