Friday, February 15, 2013

HOW TO SAVE TONS WITH COUPONS , BUCKEYE RECIPE AND PIX!


  I gained 5 thick ziploc bags today for free!  Chicken nugget bags, shredded cheese bags and gallon size ziploc bags.  Simply by washing them and then I put tall utensils in a thick cup on my window ledge and put the bags upside down over them and they dry nicely.  When I use these it is a good feeling to know I am making do!


 
The Truffle's I talked about in my last post turned out perfect and very easy!  Half rolled in cocoa and half rolled in confectioner's sugar.  My family loved these!




 I decided since all the truffle's went in hearts as gifts to my family that I would make Buckeyes so there were 
chocolates sitting around for everyone as a dessert.   These are the ingredients:

1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
6 cups confectioners sugar
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Mini muffin paper liners (optional)  works great!

DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, vanilla and confectioner's sugar. The dough will look dry.  Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
Press a toothpick into the top of each ball as a handle for dipping into the chocolate.  Chill in the freezer about 25 minutes.
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water.  Stir constantly until smooth.
Dip the frozen peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate holding the toothpick.  I just cover half the peanut butter ball or you can cover all but a small portion so they look like buckeyes.   Put in the fridge on the tray or what I did was buy mini muffin papers and put them each in their own paper which works so much better.

  We had a great Valentine's Day.  I made Saffron Rice, Fried Tilapia, Green Beans, and Fried Bread.  All of which was delicious!  

I used paper bag in the bowls under the fried bread and under the fish.  Much cheaper than using paper towel.  Not beautiful but works really good.



  Spending the evening going through all of the coupons I ordered from ebay.  I have tons for the 20 bucks I set aside to buy them.   I now have about 10 like coupons for everything I want to get.  I go to a website called
http://coupondivas.com/walmart-deals.html
 and it shows you all the coupon match-ups for Walmart or whatever store you click on at the top of the page and it even tells you where to find the coupon.  There are other sites too, you just have to type in on a search  "Coupon Store Match-ups" and pick and choose the ones you want.

  Heres some of the places you can buy coupons:  Ebay, Coupon N Things, The Coupon Master, and The Coupon Clippers

  I also go to sites like Smartsource.com, Coupons.com, Redplum.com, http://printable-coupons.blogspot.com/2005/10/grocery-coupons.html ,etc. to print coupons.  Just punch in on a search " printable grocery coupons" and tons of sites will come up.  Most will let you print two coupons.  

I also will type " High Value Facebook grocery coupons"  and you will find coupons there that if you like and share they will give you high dollar coupons.  

I alot of the time will get the sale ad or go to the stores website and click on weekly ad and see whats on sale at that particular store.  If there is something I want and I do not already have a coupon for it I go right to the website for the brand of whatever I want.  If I wanted say Hunts Ketchup I would go to the Hunts website and click on coupons or promotions and see if they are offering any coupons at that time.  

 If you sign up for email updates at all your favorite brands they will occasionally send you printable coupons right to your email.

Ask family to save their coupons from the Sunday Circular for you if they don't use them or maybe they only use some of them.  You might look at a coupon and say I would never buy that but if you could get it for free  THEN would you use it?  I don't know how many times I tossed a coupon thinking I would never use it and then I seen on a match-up site that I could have gotten it for free.  Now I keep every coupon and put it in my binder.
  


  

  Every week I go through my binder and take all the expired coupons so I do not get into the store and waste time checking dates.

  Go to the website of all the stores you shop at and look up their coupon policy and print it and read it well but then keep it in your binder so when a cashier gives you a hard time you got the rules right with you and when they see you are that prepared they do not argue with you most times.

  Another thing when you are going out on a big coupon shopping trip keep a big cooler in the back of your car and freeze gallon  milk jugs filled with water a few days ahead of time so you can put all your perishables in it between stores.  I sometimes take it in the cart with me if I know I am going to be in the store for a couple of  hours or more.

  Most stores will also let you use a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon together which they call stacking coupons.  Target has alot of coupons on their website, if they say target coupon on the coupon then you can stack them.  Good way to get free stuff.

  Always check a coupon (mostly toothpaste, lotion, shave cream, shampoo) to see if it says excludes trial size.  If it doesn't say that then you can go to the trial size area in your dept. store and get alot of stuff for free!

  I also take all my shampoo, conditioner, medicine, vitamin, makeup, and lotion coupons to Walgreens and check all the clearances or sales that are not advertised.  I have found so many clearances that match up to my coupons and gotten stuff for free.  Worth a try.

Hope some of this helps!

  
Pin It! Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-pin-it-button-to-your-posts.html#ixzz2J84neUj2

No comments:

Post a Comment